|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Life, 401K, STD, LTD, PTO's, etc...|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Database Administrator will perform a lead role in managing the development, monitoring and support of enterprise databases supporting a high volume e-commerce environment. The selected DBA must ensure the optimal performance and security of all production databases, advice management of potential risks and mitigations and proactively take steps to ensure smooth performance. |
|Duties:||• Perform changes to replication and database mirroring as needed. |
• Monitor the system for replication issues and troubleshoot performance issues.
• Work with software engineers on schema design and SQL optimization.
• Define and execute a plan for maintaining appropriate levels of database availability, security, performance, and integrity.
• Document methods and configurations.
• Recommend ways to improve server performance, including the performance of stored procedures and web pages that access the databases
|Qualifications:||• BS degree Computer Information Systems or related discipline is preferred but not required|
• Expert knowledge of knowledge of replication and mirroring.
• Experience using the .NET framework is a plus.
• 5-6 years of previous database administration experience in a comparable high volume environment.
• Proficiency with query optimization, SQL development, parameterized queries, T-SQL for developing complex stored procedures, triggers, etc.
• Knowledge of tools like SQL Profiler and performance monitors (Quest Spotlight etc.).
• Sound problem resolution, judgment and decision making skills.
• Extended coverage outside of normal work hours may be required.
• Must be able to work extended hours as needed.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.